Hudson Restoration was dispatched on Monday, February 8th, 2016 to attend / inspect damages as a result of a reported burst pipe on the main floor of the residence. Upon completing our investigation it was determined a supply line had suddenly ruptured behind the main floor Living Room gas fireplace causing substantial water damages to the main floor and lower levels. Removal of Living Room wall panels / drywall was required to access the plumbing repair. Upon removal of the drywall at the source location mould was evident on the back of the drywall.
The insurance company was contacted and a third party environmental consultant was retained the following day to provide protocol under Level 2 mold remediation. It was determined that a nail had penetrated the water supply line in an area behind the main floor fireplace resulting in a slow leak which likely lasted for a few weeks until it suddenly ruptured on Feb. 7, 2016.